We are looking for a Director of Content to help our rapidly growing organization build a world-class content function. As a Director of Content, you will lead strategy, planning, and execution for all content marketing initiatives as measured by conversion, engagement, and reputation KPIs. We are looking for someone with experience creating engaging content across multiple platforms and formats through the entire bowtie funnel. If you are a player-coach who happens to be an exceptional storyteller, we would like to speak to you.
- Create impactful content in support of all phases in the customer journey as measured by conversion, engagement, and reputation KPIs to fuel donor generosity
- Develop the roadmap for content that aligns with integrated marketing initiatives like campaigns, events, product launches, and promotions
- Establish a content playbook for a mix of formats (blogs, white papers, press releases, case studies, enablement tools, marketing collateral, email copy, video scripts, presentations, and distribution channels)
- Produce and continuously optimize content by applying SEO, keyword research, information architecture, and usability best practices
To be successful in this role, you'll also:
- Build a deep understanding of target audiences using personas, empathy maps, ethnographies, social listening, etc., to understand behavioral patterns, needs, and motivators
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Customer Success & Engagement, Creative, and Business Development to create and implement effective content to meet business goals
- Instill an effective, customer-informed voice across channels and platforms
- Balance internal and external stakeholder needs by sharing, receiving feedback, and iterating copy
- Monitor, track, and report on content metrics for ongoing improvement & optimization
- Prioritize and organize workload to meet project deadlines in a fast-past hyper-growth environment
- 8+ years of relevant, demonstrable experience in content marketing and inbound marketing, including personas, content journey maps, campaign development, copywriting, and SEO
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, or another relevant field
- Experience with SEO optimization tools (Semrush/Moz), CRM platforms (Salesforce), open-source CMS (WordPress/Webflow), project management tools (Asana), website analytics (Google Analytics), and social analytics (Sprout Social)
- Proven track record in managing content teams, fostering a collaborative and creative work environment
- MBA or MS in Integrated Marketing Communications or a similar field a plus
- Experience working in non-profit, faith-based, or SaaS organizations a plus
- Excellent communication, copywriting and editing skills, with the ability to write in different styles for different audience types & goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, enabling effective collaboration with cross-functional teams and senior stakeholders
- Preference for working in a fast-paced, agile environment with a “get it done” mentality
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Strategic thinking with a data-driven approach to driving content development decisions
We are a virtual team of award-winning and high-performing professionals who innovate and collaborate to fulfill our mission to instantly connect people to causes that matter most to them so they can change their world with kindness and generosity. Our four keys to success - integrity, heart, simplicity, and wow - fuel our passion to be recognized among the tech industry’s most inclusive and purpose-driven workplaces.
We are steadfast in our conviction to overcome challenges while performing meaningful work alongside some of the most brilliant minds and biggest hearts. It propels our growth as individuals and as a team. We are committed to respecting each other in our workplace, firmly believing diversity is our strength.
At the heart of everything we do are our giving community, our donors, and our partner organizations. We lean on research and human-centered design to consistently push the envelope and innovate our products and customer experiences.
We take great pride in providing competitive pay, full benefits to help care for you today and in the future, amazing perks (including flexible PTO), and, most importantly, the opportunity to put passion and purpose front and center.