The Creator Marketing team's goal is to help make Patreon the best place and first choice for creators to create for and connect with their fans by celebrating creators and the success they are finding on Patreon in innovative, memorable ways.
Working in concert with Comms, PMM, and our Creator Acquisition and Engagement teams, this leader is responsible for building and executing creator-focused campaign strategies and programs that embody our ethos as a creator company. Patreon has so many creators launching on the platform and hitting key milestones – we need a leader who can guide teams to build everything from custom assets for certain creators, to forming systems of scale and toolkits that enable creators to celebrate the success they’re finding on Patreon. We need to arm creators with assets and messaging that show how Patreon evolves their businesses, unlocks creative freedom and enables them to build stronger communities.
The work is both scaled and custom, digital and IRL, and includes and the development of new campaigns, systems, and tools for creators to run their own marketing on their distribution channels. Patreon needs a leader that can be scrappy and test initiatives on lean budgets, and once concepts are proven, execute ideas at scale. The role will work closely with Patreon’s creative team to bring concepts to reality, and they will be expected to hire strong ideators with a constant stream of ideas on how to amplify creators’ wins. This role reports directly to the Chief Brand Officer, and will be a key leader on the Go To Market team.
This role is based in San Francisco, New York or Los Angeles and open to those who are able to be in-office 2 days per week on a hybrid work model.
Ideal candidates are committed to leading with insights, aspiring for innovation and impact across our efforts, and will maintain a reputation for bringing influential creative ideas to life. And, they will help advise on the best way to launch and land new features and updates, working cross-functionally with the likes of Creative, Social, GTM, PR, Partnerships, Content, Events, and Product to collaborate and navigate bringing these efforts to market.
- Love of Creators and the Patreon community
- 12+ years of creator-facing experience in the Creator Marketing & Go-to-Market discipline
- 3+ years experience of managing diverse, motivated teams
- Experience building and scaling processes, teams, budgets, tools, and programs
- Proven track record of collaborative XFN building and execution
- Experience building marketing strategies and plans from the ground up grounded in insights and data that brings action to analytics
- Reputation for being a clear, confident communicator
- History of engaging with and managing c-suite executives